February 2, 2009

A couple of weeks ago we had a relief society retreat at our stake presidents cabin. His cabin was right off of the Brighton ski resort. Having found some old school ski's in our grainery (thanks to kyle over Christmas break, and also thanks to Tara for skiing in high school) I thought it would be fun to ski in Utah, I live like 30 min away and I figured it could be cool. So my roommate and I were looking at the rates and it was like $55 to ski all day in Brighton, no thanks.
Well I am telling a fellow teacher/friend from work about this and she is like, well my husband works up there for Solitude ski resort and he has free passes if you want them! I also teach her daughter and she said this is my gift for Teacher Appriciation! Ya I am one amazing teacher:) So me and my roommate Stephanie were able to ski Solitude from 9am-4pm Saturday!
It was so much fun! We started out pretty easy and then found this random trail, that so so steep that we had to take off our ski's and slide on our butts the whole way down, not my proudest moment, but it was so wicked fun!
After that we stuck to the smaller hills and occasionally ventured out! Steph was a real sport putting up with me and my falls! Thanks man!
I thought I wouldn't be able to move for days after but actually I am pretty good. Kind of sore here or there, but all around in good shape!

Except in the eye, I know it is random but I got a piece of hair in my eye, from my wicked sweet hat Tara found for me for Christmas, and it scratched my eye in two places. So on Sunday morning I had steph take me to the doctor, and they gave me some eye drops. Turns out I am allergic to these eye drops and my eye was bright red, and super sensitive to light! Ya good times:)

4 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

Lindsey I'm still laughing at your adventure! You crack me up. My favorite part "not my proudest moment". It reminds me when I scraped the crap out of my behind...Ya you remember! And oh so sorry about your eye. OUCH! Love you sis.

BTW Taylor has been pointing to your pictures and saying Lindsey I love aunt lindsey.

Tara said...

really, you have to admit skiing at solitude is no kelly canyon! i'm embarrassed that you were so "lucky" to use my 1995 skis, boots, and poles, man i bet people were asking if they could buy those antique ski's from you! thankfully you returned in one piece, despite having to slide down, that's hilarious, i can't believe you really did that! only lindsey...and about the hat, it's trying to tell you that it wants to come back to me as it's rightful owner, sorry it scratched your eyeball in 2 places, i bet it hurt, i hope your eye isn't red anymore, if it is, keep wearing your killer sunglasses- those are hot!!

Shayna said...

Hey Lindsey i'm excited you have a blog! Now I can secretly stalk you, so that when we see each other I can act like I know whats going on in your life! I know, I'm hilarious. See ya!
Shayna

S said...

Hey Linds! Ditto to what Shay said (she can say it so much better than me). Looks like you're doig great. Can't wait to read more of your adventures!