February 11, 2009

So I teach Kindergarten and pretty sure we sometimes get to do the coolest stuff. The other Kindergarten teacher and our Tech man are both Falconers. I didn't know what that was at first... ha ha No they have falcons and they train them and fly them in competitions. Anyways I asked them if they would show us the birds. The other kindergarten teacher has just her falcon Bea. She is a girl and really loud when she is hungry.


The Tech Man has 7 birds and only brought in 4 of them. He showed us 2 owls, his falcon and his hawk. He let me be bait for the hawk and I got to have him fly to me and eat the meat right out of my gloved hand! It was really cool. Of course I wasn't taking pictures myself but the other Kindergarten teacher has a shot of me with the bird, to bad she has it and I don't...



The other thing that happened was that they were flying the birds and well I was watching through my camera, I was taking video and it was really cool. You can hear the owl hooing and also making a clacking sound that is its way of saying "I am going to attack you if you don't leave me alone." The birds weren't going to hurt us because they aren't like that but when they get fussy they will show their ugly side I guess.

Also when they flew the falcons..... Just watch the video, it will make you laugh and that's all I can say:)




2 comments:

Whitney & Charlie said...

That video was awesome!! I can't believe you're a teacher! How's that going?! What else are you doing?

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

You're lucky that bird didn't snap that camera out of your hands! No wonder birds look at you funny. HAHA. I bet the kids LOVED it and talk about it to all their friends! You're such a fun teacher!