July 23, 2009

French Braid

Yes after a long 23 years without knowing how to do my hair, I have now discovered how to french braid. People have tried to teach me, but I just didn't get it. I really couldn't put my head around using 4 pieces of hair... So I just sat back and saw the amazing wonders of french braids, wishing one day I would know how! We'll that day is today! haha or I guess the other day:)
We were sitting at the house, my sister in law and I and I say, "Man one day I want to learn how to french braid," and she says "I know how, I will teach you, it's easy, all you do is start braiding your hair and just add hair to the piece you are going to cross over." This may make no sense to anyone, but to me it was like thepuzzle piece finally fit, I got it and was able to french braid my own hair!
Well if you know me, I can't just stop their, thanks to some guinea pigs, my sister court, my mom, my nieces taylor and cala, and of course myself, I am a french braiding queen. I wish i had a picture of my mom's french braid, ya i did pig tails, it was so cute... she tells everyone to run or i will french braid their hair, man or woman... which is true sad day:)
Here are some pictures of the success... I only had one of tayor's braid, but I got some of cala, so I guess you get the idea:) I also did a itty bitty one on my little niece sadie, she wasn't impressed...

2 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

I think the only person you haven't french braided is ME! Lol. Taylor LOVED her braid but I think Sadie is scared now. Lol! No worries you have plenty of time to practice. And you will have to teach me now! Love you.

Ashley said...

Lins
That's so cool! I want to learn as well.. and i think it would be lots easier if it was on someone else. one day i will take the time to learn so i can do it too!!! :) good job :)